Community Manager for Forge.Mil
Up until the end of this week I worked for Booz Allen Hamilton titled as a Senior Defense Researcher. The title was fairly generic allowing for me as a consultant / coach to help in a lot of areas. Some in the technology industry don’t have any problem answering the question regarding what they do for a living, historically speaking I have.
Tomorrow is the first day working for my new job as a Community Manager for Department of Defense, Defense Information Systems Agency’s software development, community and collaboration platform called Forge.
Forge.Mil is cloud oriented (Software as a Service) technical offering that has a great deal of features and functional capabilities. These include
- Source code and configuration management
- Track defects, requirements, and feature requests
- Task hierarchy and alert mechanism
- Collect, archive, and release packages
- Real-time reports on tasks and trackers
- Discussion Forums
- Project-based Wiki
- Document Management
There is a social aspect to Forge called Forge Community, which augments the technical aspects by integrating a “people to people” framework in support of the user community.
This enables the community to
- Connect with other Forge.mil users
- Find Software and Projects
- Discover and join sub-communities or Groups
- Improve Collaboration
- Share Ideas or find Ideas to act on
- Share Knowledge, Experience and Lessons Learned
- Find Answer and Solutions
- Expand the Discussions and Cast a Wider Net to Find an Answer
My job is to help enable community members, examine technical and non-technical concepts ultimately to enhance the speed and ease of technical projects in the department.
As I determine what information I can share based on the nature of the work, I will post from time to time anything that I believe is relevant to the greater public. For now, I am excited to take on this new challenge and it is my intent to help our defense community work effectively and efficiently to accomplish their individual goals and objectives.