Here is a quick list to help you understand what services are available to you for use! I get a lot of questions on this and I’ll just share the most common services.
One thing to know, I have seen more success with services that don’t use the telephone lines. In other words, if you have a choice to use something over the internet, it is the better option.
List of Services
- Google Hangouts – 250 users
- Commercial Skype – 50 Users
- Zoom free tier – 40 mins / 100 people or less
- WebEx (Cisco) free tier 40 mins / 100 people or less
- MS Teams free up to 300 people no time limit
Plenty of others for no or low cost.
From a small business perspective, make sure you read the service agreement if you sign up for anything.
This is not a fully comprehensive list as there are too many to list out and these can become confusing.
If you have to use any of these services with a phone conference number, the key message here is
- Making a call to a toll-free number (“all circuits are busy”) go to a local toll number
- Making a call to a local toll number (“all circuits are busy”) try a “call me back” feature if this is available.
- Local phone number and call me back fails to work, try a direct connection using VOIP of Video. This would be without a phone.
- If this doesn’t work try voice alone, not video.
- If this doesn’t work try carrier pigeon.
All the service providers are seeing a strain and have some issues but overall, they are performing well.
Hope this helps you!