Over the past few months, I’ve been writing to warn people about what is coming with AI. The purpose of my writing is to inform you. I don’t believe there is anything that can be done other than being open and understanding about what is happening and for you to find ways to use this knowledge as a “first mover” which may be advantageous in life and business.
In the same way that we discussed the risks of NFT’s and blockchain, there are major technological moves happening very quickly. Here is a quick list of examples that you may experience within the next six months or sooner.
- Fake people in advertisements.
- Cloned or fake voices and all that comes with it.
- Customer support will shift to AI. Calls will not be routed to India any longer, an AI assistant will take them. This voice will be able to speak any language, answer questions and solve many problems. This will start with level 1 support and within a brief period of time move to second tier support once the ai has been integrated into workflows.
- Intelligent sales agents, these will take sales calls and potentially dial out or reach out. These will be robocalls where we can’t possibly know we aren’t talking to a person.
- Straight through processing of insurance, medical, sales, logistics end to end. This means from a customer interaction to the shipping and receipt of a product. While we aren’t in a place yet for last mile distribution of products and services, we are very close. Any humans that can be taken out of the system, will be taken out rapidly.
- As much as I didn’t want to admit this, the last coder has probably been born. Developers will more likely become architects. They may need to understand code but they won’t write code anymore. AI will develop its own short hand and there will be interfaces for requirements gathering, construction, modeling, and distribution.
- Operations for system engineering, cloud computing, virtualization, and cost control governance will become automated and controlled by agents. This is happening now, but it will accelerate.
- Medical breakthroughs in the identification and treatment of disease and illness. These are already happening but will accelerate. Additionally, we won’t have enough people to keep up with medical treatment required. We will see identification of issues earlier, but this will also flood the system and put strain on an already overloaded system. An example of this is the VA with the PACT ACT. The more people that have something wrong identified, the more people to see.
- Video games will evolve from being scripted to generative. This means that video games of the past that were interesting will be blown out of the water by new fully interactive games with AI. Voice actors, images, scenes, writing will all go away. AI will generate the scene on the fly based on the theme of the story, these will become fully unique experiences for players. The rules of the game will totally change.
- From a media perspective, we will need authenticated media services to prove and validate what we are seeing. Fake images and sounds will be part of our new normal but the information they are delivering will need validation. For example, Lester Holt may go away on vacation and Lesta Virtual Holt will still provide the news but the news itself will need a gold encrypted NBC lock that says, “guaranteed news by NBC.” (to the best of their knowledge)
- Virtual reality will evolve as soon as fully immersive mixed reality does NOT require glasses. The moment glasses go away, mixed and experience realities will become part of our normal daily life.
- Ghost knowledge, this is different from my friend Patrick Lambe’s “Zombie Knowledge” Ghost knowledge can be defined as knowledge or information that is hidden in plain sight in an organization but is haunting your organization’s house. From a liability perspective, ghost knowledge will be one of the top three risks to companies and everyday people. What we will start seeing from our buried data will unearth unseen, hidden and forgotten knowledge. The services that MS and others are bringing to us will dig this all up and create chaos at least temporarily. I’ll end this post with a few thoughts on this for you.
AI services that go through your images and can describe them.
AI services that go through your videos and can rip the audio and transcribe them for you in real time. For example, “Clippy, what did Dad say about punching Howie in the face, I can’t remember which video it’s in or when it happened.”
“OK.. let me get that for you.”
Everything you have written in anything that is accessible to the AI. Many organizations have moved everything they could to the “cloud” in spite of being warned about doing this. Now that same cloud has all of your diaries. It can easily without any care, dig into the deepest darkest secrets. People are careless, we live in a world where private text messages become billboards. Can you imagine what we will find? Imagine all those emails written, love letters, bad things, yes all the bad things.
“Hey Clippy, find me anything that looks like a love note” (DONE)
“Hey Clippy, find me anything that looks like a boob” (DONE)
How many phones were issues by companies? How many **Cough Cough ** ehh D** pics are on there?
“Hey Clippy, Did find any images of human anatomy on text messages on our corporate phones.” (DONE) Can’t wait to see how many CEO’s try to turn this off with the quickness. Alas, it will be too late because, Clippy knows. People always take their phones with them. A few good questions to the AI and it will pull together a story. Oh yeah, this will help out law enforcement too.
Think I am full of bologna? Ok.. Below are new things Microsoft created services for since my last post on the acceleration of AI. Right from an MS Marketing Manager…
◼Microsoft & OpenAI extend partnership – https://lnkd.in/g55yAEYi
◼Azure OpenAI Service available – https://lnkd.in/gJ5fYdVW
◼ChatGPT available in Azure OpenAI Service – https://lnkd.in/gb3XXQfY
◼Microsoft 365 Copilot – https://lnkd.in/gv6H9YQ3
◼Word – https://lnkd.in/gMNuj3iD
◼PowerPoint – https://lnkd.in/gSw9mg-n
◼Excel – https://lnkd.in/g6x7sWnZ
◼Outlook – https://lnkd.in/gR9K75kY
◼Teams – https://lnkd.in/gK_Sg6HA
◼Business Chat – https://lnkd.in/gPNHN5wc
◼Viva Engage – https://lnkd.in/gspV3Ktf
◼Copilot in Power Platform – https://lnkd.in/gnAh5bV5
◼Power Apps – https://lnkd.in/gb7ejri9
◼Power Virtual Agents – https://lnkd.in/gBfZsFBh
◼Power Automate – https://lnkd.in/gYwByj2j
◼AI Builder with Azure OpenAI Service – https://lnkd.in/gnJ9pYCv
◼Power Virtual Agents conversation boosters – https://lnkd.in/gjviprW8
◼New Bing & Edge using GPT-4 – https://lnkd.in/ge-5izay
◼Bing Chat – https://lnkd.in/gdQk7t2n
◼Bing in Windows 11 – https://lnkd.in/giEJRV4M
◼Dynamics 365 Copilot – https://lnkd.in/gGM7ry2M
◼Sales, Service, Marketing, Insights, Supply Chain, Business Central –
◼Dynamics 365 Viva Sales – https://lnkd.in/gsGk7Am6
The list goes on and on and on… there is nowhere to go. The only thing we can do is learn, understand, adapt, and find ways to use it.
Below AI WordPress using what I wrote above to illustrate my point..
One major concern is the potential loss of jobs as AI takes over certain tasks previously performed by humans. While AI may create new jobs in certain industries, there is a risk of displacement for many workers. Additionally, AI has the potential to perpetuate existing biases and discrimination if not developed and regulated carefully.
Another concern is the potential misuse of AI, whether it be through cyber attacks, data breaches, or even the development of autonomous weapons. The creation of ethical guidelines and regulations is crucial to ensure that AI is used for the betterment of society and not to harm it.
Overall, the advancement of AI is both exciting and daunting. As we continue to develop and integrate AI into our lives, it is important to remain aware of the potential risks and work towards developing ethical guidelines and regulations to ensure its safe and responsible use.
2 thoughts on “Worried About AI ~ You Should Be”
Howie, podcast “When A.I. Steals Your Voice” –
Tech companies have brought out their AI science projects directly from the Lab to the mainstream… generative AI has some brave new world implications, these require strategy, design, thoughtful application to see benefits. The pace of change is accelerating but can’t skip steps in the maturation process
Comments are closed.